Friday, May 30, 2008

Finishing up the Week

Well, week 1 is complete and I must say I am incredibly pleased so far. The meteorologist I'm working with does such an amazing job and I am very lucky to be able to work with him this summer. I know I will learn so much in the next 7 weeks that I will have an entirely different perspective going into my last year.

Yeah, the hours are not the greatest but if I could come out of my last year, with this experience, and land a full-time forecasting job it will have been worth it. If my forecasting skills improve it will have been worth it.

I really cannot get over how much fun it is in the mornings. Going into this, one never really knows what to expect from the talent and reporters that one will encounter in a place where egos and ambitions (usually) run neck and neck. But everyone at the station where I'm working has been so nice and welcoming and that has been, so far, a great source of strength and energy in the early morning hours. The networking contacts will prove invaluable in the future.

On to next week!

No comments: