Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Most Embarrassing Moment

It was bound to happen, and today it did.

I overslept.

I remember my phone, which I use as a back-up alarm, going off about 10pm and me turning the ringer down in case it went off again. My primary alarm, which has an actual bell instead of a electronic chirp, has never failed to wake me up. Apparently it did its job this time, but I flicked the switch, turning it off (instead of hitting the snooze). I don't even recall hearing it ring.

I woke up and looked at the clock and thought "Crap, it's twenty after one and I need to get in the shower." Then in horror grabbed the clock again and realized "Oh, s***, it's five after four!"

I had not overslept by a meer 90-minutes, no, I had overslept by four hours!

So embarrassing.

I called the station and talked to Jeff, but despite his reassurance It will be hard getting over my embarrassment.

No comments: