Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recorded Today

Did my first recording today with the graphics. Result: not so great - at least in my mind. The director in the booth and the floor director both said I did fine, as did the morning reporter.

I should have taken a little longer to look through the graphics before I went, in order to build my story. Event though I physically built all but two of the slides (the graphical forecast "models" are built automatically) this morning, I had been working on some research during the show and didn't really pay much attention other than to update the graphics as needed. Need to work on that for tomorrow.

It's also been almost two months since I was on-camera, so I guess I was also a bit nervous. I ran about 15-seconds short at the end (I did a timed, two-minute weather "matrix") because I misread the floor cues. It's very easy to get tunnel vision in front of the camera and not see anything but the feedback prompter on the camera and the monitors on each side.

Ah well, practice is practice and I'm told I will get to record every morning after the 7:25 cut-in. I'm very excited. I know i"ll get better every day.

1 comment: