Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to Work

Monday morning and back to work since XXX has returned from vacation.

We didn't do a whole lot this morning other than prep for the show and I entered the research data that I kept up with into his spreadsheet. Quiet morning, overall. Tomorrow I think I may start doing some recording on the wall...XXX hinted as much, anyway.

I'm proud to report that I've gotten into a exercise routine (or at least started one). This is a big deal for me, because exercise has been one of the hardest things for me to do. For many years, when I tried exercising off-and-on, I haven't felt any benefit from doing the exercise. I didn't feel energized, I didn't feel better about myself. Slowly, I think, that is starting to change.

Last week I walked on the treadmill 20-30 mins 4 of the 7 days. I actually felt better for having done so. I also lifted weights a bit (my dad's apartment complex has a fitness center); I over-worked my left bicep on Friday, though, and it was sore all weekend. Sad thing is, I wasn't really lifting that heavy of a weight...I just have no upper-body strength. I'm working on it though. As for the treadmill...I am going to try to add 10-minutes per week to that baseline 20 minutes and try to go at least 4 days per week for the rest of the summer.

Part of the reason I started making myself go to the fitness center is that, since I am essentially doing a desk job for the summer, I'm not moving as much as I would be were I waiting tables like I do in Starkville. I gained a bit of weight in the first couple weeks I was up here...boredom leads me to snacking. So I decided I better start exercising instead of just sitting around and being bored and eating.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

choral_composer said...

will turn you into an all buff weatherman yet :)