Monday, May 5, 2008

Pre-internship jitters

I have to admit I have a bit of apprehension about this internship. It has nothing really do around the work I'll be doing or the person I'm working with...

...and everything to do with my *very* loud voice. I am a loud person, even when I don't intend to be. Over the years, I've come to accept that fact.

And the set-up where I'll be working will have me literally within two or three feet of a live newscast. The station has a newsroom studio, meaning the anchor desk sits in front of their working newsroom. The Weather Center is off to one side, but it is still visible on certain camera shots and they use it as a stand-up area for short weather drop-ins.

I knew this going in, but the idea still has me a bit intimidated. I'm sure after the first week things will be okay, but I'm also pretty sure the first couple of days will be pretty rough as I acclimate to the set-up and learn how loud I can or cannot be while still contributing and working.

1 comment:

choral_composer said...

you'll be fine! I'll send up a few prayer missiles on your behalf :)